Last week I received a delightful surprise via a tweet. I had been one of eleven other bloggers nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award!
The nomination came from @missblogsabit who can be found over on her blog Miss Blogs A-Bit. Her blog is great, so be sure to check it out; its all about travel, lifestyle, food and reviews. I want to say a big thank you again for the nomination, and it was a total surprise to be nominated!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
I have to be honest, I have seen this award around the blogosphere but not really taken much notice about it. That is until now! Basically, the Sunshine Blogger Award is bloggers nominating other bloggers that inspire creativity and positivity. Its the perfect way to highlight a few of your favourite bloggers whose content you are loving, and spread a bit of ‘sunshine’ along the way.
Now the Sunshine Blogger Award comes with a few rules to follow:
Here are the questions that I was asked:
1. Do you collect anything – What is it & why?
I don’t really collect anything unless you can count my monthly treatbox.
2. What was it that made you step into the world of blogging?
The reason I started my blog was because I wanted to share my travel experiences and pictures to a wider audience, and more so than I do on my personal Facebook. A friend actually suggested it to me, even though she isn’t a blogger.
3. Where in the world would you most like to travel to?
The place I would love to see more of is Greece and other parts of Europe. Further afield I would love to see New Zealand, Australia, Fiji and New York. Practically the whole world!
4. Do you tend to plan your blog posts far in advance or are you quite spontaneous with your content?
It depends what I am up to as I generally blog about places I have been or events I have been to. I usually try to plan out key points in my blogging bullet journal. There are times when I plan posts but end up writing about something else, it generally depends on how busy my life gets.
5. Which famous person would you most like to meet and why?
This one might be a little difficult since this person is sadly deceased, but I would have loved to have met Audrey Hepburn. I love her films, her style and her humanitarian work. I think she would have been great to sit down for a chat and share a bit of chocolate with (something she loved).
6. Which of your own posts is your favourite so far?
7. What is your biggest fear?
I guess my biggest fear would be losing my close family, even though one day that will be inevitable. I am incredibly close to my family and it is quite hard to imagine them not being in my life. I would like to believe that they never truly leave though and that their energy would remain (yes I have some belief in the spooky supernatural world of spirits and ghosts!)
Aside from this I always have a fear of being burgled. I’m quite security conscious and always check out ‘bumps in the night’.
8. What is your idea of a perfect weekend?
My perfect weekend would be exploring somewhere new and taking plenty of pictures. In contrast to this though I love nothing better than not leaving the house and having a Netflix binge!
9. Would you ever go on a reality TV show?
In the short of it NO! Don’t get me wrong, I love watching various reality shows but it is not something I would personally like to be involved in.
10. If you were reincarnated as an animal, which one would you like to be?
Now, to answer this question I asked my just
11. Which one beauty item could you not live without?
Oh, this is a tough one! I’m thinking coconut oil as it is perfect for helping remove makeup, as well as being the base of my night ‘serum’ with lavender and tea tree oil.
My 11 nominees:
@socialspyingblo – Social Spying
@elleloutravels – Elle Louise
@EllaWasHereBlog – Ella Was Here
@Lloydstevens29 – LloydStevens29
@glowsteadyy – Glow Steady
@anorthernexplr – A Northern Explorer
@blushrougette – Blushroguette
@peanutsncahuete – Peanuts & Cacahuetes
@coffeeandcorfu – CoffeeandCorfu
@char_xo – Memoirs & Musings
@TheHappyKamper – The Happy Kamper
I love all of these blogs and think they are fab! They definitely deserve a bit of recognition and the Sunshine Blogger Award is perfect for that. There is a great mix
11 New Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your favourite part of being a blogger/blogging?
- Do you have any other hobbies (apart from blogging?)
- What is your favourite
- Which season is your favourite?
- Beach break or city break?
- What is your favourite music?
- Do you have a favourite TV show, what is it and why?
- Do you have a favourite film, what is it and why?
- Where do you get inspiration for your blog posts from?
- Which social media platform do you prefer to use for promoting your blog and why?
- If you could live in any era, which one would it be and why?
So there are my 11 nominees and 11 new questions. Nominees, please let me know why you have answered the questions, I would love to know your answers.
Thank you again to Miss Blogs-A-Bit for the nomination!
Thanks for reading!